Long time I was never updated my blog since we try our mini retirement on June-2018. I took sabbatical leave on June-2018, my wife resigned and we both back to workforce on Jan-2019, it was a marvelous journey and at the end of the we decided come back to workforce for at least another year. We change our life style in SG, instead of staying in a master room in HDB for SGD 1000 which include everything, we rented a one bedder condo 570 sqf for SGD 2100 which we need to take care the utilities bill which is around 120 per month. We make this decision because I told my wife, we hit our major milestone which our passive income already can cover our monthly expenses and if we decided back to work force, we should at least live more comfortable and enjoy our life. Based on our estimation, we can save at least 10K SGD per month even though we upgrade our life style. In the 1 and half year time, the salary saving will able to clear off my house outstanding loan in Malaysia. We will have additional free cash flow after that and we can use it for travel or live a bit more luxury maybe? The other option is we will save the salary saving to a FD and let it pay our house loan every month, with this arrangement I can have lot of liquidity when Mr Market is not in his good mood. Currently my investment vs cash is abut 80% to 20%, with stock dividend alone around RM 100K.

Comments